- County Cork, Innishannon / Inishannon, Ireland
This role supports the financial planning and analysis on site which is now on the COMET platform. This role has responsibility for headcount, capital, business partnering, month end, forecasting and local planning tool adaption. This role shares the business partnering function to control and forecast costs and meet site reduction assessments. It maintains regular and productive interactions with the above site Business Shared Services (BSC) to ensure activities and impacts are clearly managed, issues highlighted and resolved. Similarly for capital projects.
- Business partnering. Liaise with relevant SLT/ leads and area cost champions on their budget and forecast spending, addressing variances and over-runs.
- Promote focus on site cost saving initiatives to meet site assessment and competitiveness.
- Drive Local Planning Tool on site for same. Govern Tier 4 Cost with Associate Director FP&A.
- Reporting on headcount, AOB versus Plan & Forecast.
- Capital support including the provision of NPV cash flows, financial projections and analysis to support the CRC/ CFC/ECC framework.
- Ownership for fixed assets in terms of Impairment, Physical inspection etc.
- This role will also include oversight of the capital plan and monthly fixed asset balances.
- Preparation of business numbers for R&D Tax Credits claims and IDA grants.
Audit & Control Environment
- Assist in maintaining an effective internal control environment, compliance with GAAP, SOX and corporate policies, and provide documentation support for regular internal and external audits for Inventory and Fixed Assets at the Brinny site.
- Work with internal and external auditor on providing the requested schedules/information and coordinate the follow-up of outstanding questions/queries
- Update standard operating procedures as needed
Process Improvement & Issue Resolution
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks. Work cross functionally to drive timely solutions
- Support Finance Leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
Qualifications & Education
- Qualified accountant with Degree or Third level qualification
- 1 year post qualification experience is desirable ideally experience working with large SAP accounting systems in a MNC environment
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multitasking
- Work with virtual teams as well as the ability to influence site colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***