General Ledger Accountant
- Full Time
- Dublin West
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver high quality financial expertise to support the areas performance commitments and to make a dynamic contribution in the provision of a responsive, effective, and user-friendly financial support service for the University community and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the role
- Month-end processes including General Ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations (incl. Accounts Payable, Payroll, Financial Accounting, inter-company eliminations, accruals, prepayments) all to strict timelines.
- Timely processing of key downstream system interfaces into the General Ledger (including Payroll, Student Finance, Catering and Accommodation).
- Providing administrative and operational support for the University’s Benefaction funds, to include month end and quarter end close processes and relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders across the University
- Supporting quarterly analytical reviews of income and expenditure accounts – including payrol system to GL reconciliations.
- Liaising with University’s faculties on financial issues through the Faculty Financial Advisors/Partners.
- Managing and maintaining the Oracle General Ledger Chart of Accounts coding structure for TCD IE (FRS 102) ledgers.
Managing and maintaining the Oracle General Ledger Chart of Accounts coding structure for US GAAP ledgers.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial statements in accordance with the Universities Act, HE/FE SORP and FRS 102.
Education & Experience
- Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Knowledge and strong experience in an Oracle or other computerised accounting environment essential.
- Previous experience on intercompany accounting, consolidations and intercompany elimination processes a distinct advantage.
- Previous team management experience is essential
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 0093553 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***