General Operatives – Machine Operating/Assembly
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
We are looking for Machine Operators to monitor running of the machines if any issues arise vis a vis maintenance, safety, housekeeping etc. contact Team Leader/Supervisor immediately. These roles are based in Carrigtwohill within walking distance to Carrigtwohill train stop. So an easy commute from either Cork or Midleton.
- Machine Safety: Ensure all safety policies and procedure, guidelines, training guidelines are strictly adhered to when working on the machines. Report any fault, defect, safety hazard immediately to your Team Leader/Supervisor and discontinue use of the machine/tooling/equipment.
- Cutting: Following cut lists and spec sheets, cut all types of material as per the relevant area using saws, die cut saws and other cutting devices to cut the necessary components involved for assembling product.
- Assembly: The employee will assemble boxes, crates, corrugated, foam, etc. following designs and spec sheets using air powered nail guns, heat welding, staple guns, glue guns, and all other necessary equipment to fabricate finished product and prepare it for shipping to customers.
- Housekeeping: The employee is responsible for organizing and cleaning work areas they are in (sweeping the floors, moving materials in/out production racks, emptying waste, etc.). This will be done every day approximately 15 minutes before the end of the employee’s shift to ensure a smooth execution for the next day’s production run. This includes all production areas.
- Production Standards: Achieve company standards as set with regard to productivity. Ensure accurate scanning in and out of every job in order that system data is accurate.
- Team Work: Co-operate and communicate professionally with all team members, colleagues and management. If any issues arise contact Team Leader/Supervisor immediately.
- Company Policy: Adhere to all company policies and procedures e.g. time and attendance, absence reporting, etc.
Safety: Adhere to Safety Guidelines and Training Guidelines as trained. Take responsibility for your own safety as well as the safety of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate will ideally have the following:
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry/machine use (preffered)
- Must have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Must be able to use own initiative and demonstrate proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Will be a good team player and understand the specific attention to Health and Safety which is required when working with such machinery.
- Spoken/Written English
We are looking for candidates with the right attitude and willingness to learn. Full training will be provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role of Machine Operator within the Foam and Wood sections
Core hours: 39 hours per week, 5 days Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Rate : €12.00 per hour
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay