Cloud & Infrastructure , IT
Head of IT
- Full Time
- Longford, County Longford, Ireland
The successful candidate will be responsible for devising the group’s IS / IT strategy and ensure that all infrastructure and systems necessary to support its operations as well as manage the IT teams across Ireland and the UK. They must have a successful track record in leading IT teams and ensuring the delivery of best-in-class IS / IT services.
This is a site based role in Longford OR Cork with a requirement for frequent travel to our other facilities in Ireland and the UK.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IS/IT department.
- Select and implement suitable technologies to improve business operations using public cloud, private cloud or on premise solutions as appropriate.
- Ensure the security of the entire information stack including hosting, network, servers and storage, backup, end user devices and applications
- Select and manage appropriate IT suppliers and partners
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Oversee the IT technological infrastructure in the organisation and ensure optimal performance
- Plan the implementation of new solutions and provide guidance to the IT team and managed service partners and other staff within the organisation
- Prepare annual budget for the IT department including budgeting purchases of IT equipment and software
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise the board on suggested actions.
- BSc/BA in information technology, computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred.
- Knowledge of IT hardware and software and cloud solutions and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Excellent knowledge of IS / IT systems and infrastructure
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/company.
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***