Head of Maintenance Management
- Full Time
Head of Maintenance Manager required for permanent role with an Irish owed manufacturing company based in Cork. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience in heavy industry with a proven track record in good manufacturing practice and lean principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Maintenance management team as well as a team of fitters and electricians to deliver high performance process efficiency in a modern well-invested facility.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of asset Management, reliability, maintenance strategy, organisation and systems including planning, CMMS, preventive and condition-based maintenance.
- Ensure the Maintenance function operates to the site required Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Planning and developing PEMAC / CMMS systems to deliver maximum line/process efficiency including energy, plant services and utilities.
- PEMAC / CMMS utilisation from a scheduling, stores and purchasing perspective.
- Implement best plant practices in process engineering & maintenance systems involving new technology and design standards.
- Development of the Maintenance Team’s capability and skills, leading performance review, training and individual on the job coaching/mentoring and support to best industry standards.
- Responsible for cost management in the maintenance and engineering functions, delivering costs to weekly KPI budgets including energy and projects.
- Developing Maintenance Lean Systems using tools and techniques to meet continuous improvement targets that are critical to the success and delivery of a high-performance plant.
- Working with external Contractors and installations companies to complete in-house maintenance and project work to the required standards.
- Act as a key member of the Site Management Team involved in the strategic and day to day responsibilities of a modern high-performance facility.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Engineering – mechanical & electrical background, or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ maintenance/engineering management experience is essential; sawmilling or heavy industry experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of maintenance strategies e.g. RCM, TPM, Asset Management desirable.
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***