Health and Safety Officer
- Full Time
PE Global Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety officer to join our client, a food production company based in Kilkenny. This is a Permanent Role. Own transport is essential for this role.
- Ensure compliance with Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and all other relevant codes of practice, regulatory requirements and legislation of the Republic of Ireland.
- Assists EHS Manager in implementing the identified safety and health management systems.
- Assists Supervisors and Managers in accident investigations. Ensures that all incidents are investigated in accordance with the procedures, corrective action items are correctly identified and pursued and that all learning points are effectively and timeously briefed throughout the company where appropriate.
- Carry out regular safety inspections in all areas and ensure any corrective actions recommended are implemented
- Provide health and safety training to employees such as manual handling, toolbox talks and safety induction
- Carry out risk assessments on existing and new processes and equipment
- Ensure all personnel using hazardous substances are aware of the hazards practices and procedures associated with their use and have received the necessary training
- Ensure emergency equipment is appropriate and maintained with records in place
- Organisation and presentations for various meetings including safety rep meetings and incident reviews, and following up on actions arising
- Carry out monthly reporting requirements.
- Document Control: responsible for ensuring Emergency Plan, Safety Procedures, Safety Statement; are up to date and circulated to relevant people.
- Data Entry: responsible for logging of Incidents, Near Misses and Good Saves, Inspections, Toolbox Talks and production of reports on monthly or weekly basis.
- Together with the EHS Manager ensures that safety representatives are effective in the execution of all their duties and responsibilities.
Skills and experience required:
- Third level qualification or diploma in Health and Safety is essential
- Excellent Knowledge or Irish Health and Safety legislation
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint computer packages essential.
- Passion for people and their safety
- Manual Handling Instructor essential
- Must be flexible between both sites and shifts.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
To aplly, simply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Liam on 021-4297900