Oil & Gas
Health & Safety Engineer
- Full Time
- Saudi Arabia
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Engineer for a leading client based in Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Safety Engineer with experience of identifying and managing HSE risks, prioritizing and developing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ability to work at pace as a Subject matter expert in complex and multi-stakeholder environment with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a strong knowledge of industrial standards and codes including SOLAS, MARPOL, API, and IOGP.
- Ability with proven experience to investigate industrial incidents to identify root causes utilizing a recognized RCA methodology (preferably Taproot) and developing corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ability with proven experience to lead or facilitate Operational HSE risk assessments (i.e. SIMOP studies) utilizing recognized techniques such as HAZOP, Bow-tie, QRA etc.
- Provide experience of developing and auditing Safety and environmental management systems. Preferably certified lead auditor of ISO 45001 and 14001. Must have experience of bridging multi -stakeholder HSE management systems.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing emergency management system for highly hazardous multi-site operations (including offshore facilities)
- BS degree in engineering, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, or environmental science, or in a related field is preferred.
- 10 years of related safety/operational experience and/or training in the oil/gas industry (preferably in offshore).
- knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable industry, governmental and/or international standards.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing).
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***