Health & safety
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
The Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager, will be responsible for implementing the highest SHEQ standards across the Cork and Longford sites, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practise.
They will maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the industry and provide professional advice and support to site management.
- Ensure risk profile of both sites is documented through suitable risk assessments and pro-actively create/implement action plans to reduce risk and ensure in line with hierarchy of control methodology.
- Ensure an effective SHEQ on-boarding program for all who enter and work on the site, employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Train & coach both teams to ensure everyone has the means to contribute to, lead and manage SHEQ within their areas of responsibility
- Work with management in both sites to develop and maintain practical and effective policies and procedures for all sites in Ireland.
- Conduct regular reviews of policies and procedures to ensure they are practical and fully aligned with business needs and relevant legislation.
- Increase Safety, Heath, Environmental and Quality awareness amongst all teams to ensure a focus and priority throughout the business.
- Ensure adequate H&S controls are incorporated into design specifications for equipment upgrades and installation.
- Ensure that all activities across all Irish sites have robust and up-to-date risk assessments supported by suitable training where applicable
- Assess workplace hazards considering how risks could be eliminated or reduced and formulate preventative measures together with management.
- Conduct regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Organise regular random safety inspection audits of all areas, record, analyse and report on the results, and suggest and follow up on improvements
- Work with all relevant regulators who audit and inspect sites and activities.
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc (hons) Occupational H&S/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ Health & Safety experience with at least 3 years manufacturing experience, ideally in a heavy industry sector.
- Knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 standards in a heavy production environment is important, and environment (ISO 14001) and quality (ISO 9000) would be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing and numerical skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Full clean driving licence.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***