Indirect Tax Associate
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
PE Global is currently hiring an Indirect Tax Associate Manager for our client based in East Cork. This is a hybrid, permanent role.
Your main responsibility will be to support and manage VAT compliance within EMEA. You will keep up to date with VAT regulations in assigned jurisdictions to ensure all legislative changes are implemented. Helping us achieve results through a high level of financial service, you will build and maintain close relationships with local representatives from your business units. Moreover, you will be encouraged to contribute with initiatives to drive standardisation, process improvements and optimisation across the group. Using your strong understanding of financial standards as well as company policies, SOX and other regulatory requirements, you will:
Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
- Partner with members of the European Financial Reporting & Accounting Group and Global Tax to ensure full alignment.
- Support the indirect tax team with promptly responding to information requests from internal and external stakeholders, including auditors
- Actively manage the team workload and escalate inefficiencies and concerns to the Senior Indirect Tax Manager
- Support with internal reporting metrics
- Achieve deadlines set by leadership and the business and proactively monitor and raise instances where deadlines cannot be met in a timely fashion
- Work closely with other functions within the organization to understand any indirect tax implications
- Support the indirect tax project team as required
- Participate in strategic continuous improvement initiatives in the organisation, achieving identified financial, process and talent goals.
- BA or BS degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Accounting and/or tax qualification is a plus
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with a tax engine is a plus
- 5 years of relevant tax experience within an indirect tax function of an advisory firm or a multinational corporation preferred.
- Strong indirect tax knowledge
- Experience in managing EMEA indirect taxes
- Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Katie on 083 0177413 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***