Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Intellectual Disability Nurse
- Full Time
- North Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare are currently looking for a Intellectual Disability Nurse to join a Section 39 Intellectual Disability Service based in North Dublin
This is a full-time permanent position with a mixture of days / Nights. The successful Intellectual Disability Nurse will be working as part of a team and have support from Healthcare Staff, Clinical Nurse Managers and Management.
Our client operates a service for adults with Intellectual Disabilities and challenging behaviours.
This role is open to RGN, RNID and RPN nurses.
Duties of the role
- Conduct comprehensive health assessments for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Develop and implement individualized care plans in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Administer medications and monitor their effects, providing education to individuals and their support networks.
- Implement and evaluate behaviour support plans to address challenging behaviours.
- Advocate for the rights and needs of individuals with intellectual disabilities within the healthcare system.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals, support staff, and families to ensure holistic and person-centred care.
- Provide education and training on health-related topics to individuals and their support networks.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records and documentation.
- Respond effectively to medical emergencies or crises involving individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Registered Nurse with a active NMBI Registration
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Strong clinical assessment and care planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIQA
- Passion / Desire to work in Intellectual Disabilities
- Competitive salary with yearly Increment
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- State Pension
- Career Progression
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Amy on +353 (0)830901963 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com