Junior Buyer – Cork
PE Global are recruiting for a Junior Buyer for our manufacturing client based in Little Island, Cork. This is a 3–6-month contract role. Onsite role. Looking for someone to start ASAP.
- Support the existing procurement team in an administrative capacity.
- Preparing procurement reports for senior management.
- Maintain, prepare and release purchase orders.
- Liaise and build a rapport with vendors, carrying out day-to-day procurement functions with them.
- Notify Buyer of supplier issues so corrective actions can be planned and implemented
- Closely monitor and be responsible for ordering inventory items in assigned commodities to meet desired availability goals, service levels, and customer orders
- Work closely with warehouse employees to prevent low inventory
- Monitor open purchase orders and ensure ship dates are accurate
- Monitor inventory levels, take action to reduce or increase to meet service level needs and inventory level guidelines
- Provide customer service team members with information regarding due dates, lead times and prices on items not carried in inventory
- Ensure all inventory transactions for returned goods are correct to maintain proper inventory balances
Education and Experience
- Leaving Certificate Qualified, additional qualifications preferred (supply chain)
- 1 – 2 years buyer, procurement, purchasing or inventory experience.
- Procurement experience in the Manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential.
- Detail orientated with strong problem-solving skills essential.
- Experience working in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Good excel experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple functions/ stakeholders at all levels of the business
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Ciara on 021- 4297900 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland****