Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Lab IT Engineer
- Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Lab IT Engineer for our pharmaceutical client in Limerick. This is an initial 12-month contract, hybrid role.
- Collaborate closely with site and global stakeholders to define and deploy automation solutions including equipment, processes, and manufacturing execution systems.
- Translate business, technical, and regulatory requirements into systems-level solutions during development and deployment of automated processing technologies.
- Manage technical work streams with cross-functional stakeholders throughout entire project lifecycle, from concept to implementation.
- Lead and participate in evaluation of new technology and process automation for introduction into GMP manufacturing.
- Responsible for the site PLC-based Control System, Building Management Systems, and Environmental Monitoring System, including monitoring, maintaining, trouble shooting and investigating control system hardware, wiring, and instrumentation.
- Develop, review and/or approve Preventive Maintenance Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, IQ/OQs, commissioning protocols, user requirement specifications, acceptance test plans, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, and drawings and diagrams.
- Work with site Quality and Computer System Validation personnel to ensure automation and control system GMP compliance.
- Implement and complete change controls, CAPAs, and Deviations for automated GMP systems and equipment.
- Proactively search for and implement innovative solutions to improve system performance, reliability, and compliance.
- Support training efforts for new equipment installations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university in mechanical, chemical, or electrical disciplines with minimum 4 years’ experience, ideally 6+ years supporting or developing automated systems.
- Good understanding of automation standards and architecture addressing batch process control, such as S88, and related automation systems, including process control systems, manufacturing execution systems, process data historians, and laboratory information management systems.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical drug substance manufacturing environments and processes.
- Proven programming and maintenance experience with PLCs and Software applications, ideally across a number of industrial platforms.
- Knowledge of Building Management/Automation Systems.
- Experience with supporting and maintaining automation and control system infrastructure, including PLCs, remote I/O panels, BMS equipment, wiring and cabling systems, as well as proprietary equipment controllers and control systems.
- Experience with various data communication protocols and architectures, including ControlNet, Ethernet I/P, Modbus, BACnet and/or Profibus.
- Works and communicates well in a multi-discipline team structure.
- Demonstrates skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration, and implementation of process control solutions for the manufacturing industry including batch software, PLC based control systems, HMI packages, building management systems, SCADA systems, and PC networking technology.
- Familiarity with FDA GMPs and FDA regulations relating to biologic and drug products.
- Familiarity with FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 11 and/or EU Annex 11.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***