Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Lab Tech – East Cork
PE Global are currently recruiting for a Lab/Calibration Technician for our high end manufacturing client based in East Cork:
18 month initial contract
Calibration of various types of Analyzers according to defined work instructions to meet quality standards and product specification. General duties may include preparation of calibration solutions, calibration of analyzers, documentation of results. Analyzer set-up and equipment operation will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for calibration various types of Analyzers
• Gathering materials and preparation calibration solutions
• Results documentation
• Participation in the creation of laboratory-relevant SOPs
• Maintain quality of products produced according to department standards
• Meet productivity standards.
• Record and maintain quality or traceability information.
• Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
• Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks; some trouble-shooting of equipment.
• Suggest improvements and support kaizen and DBS activities.
• Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions.
• Report complicated equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Participate in team meetings, which includes planning daily work and resource utilization, problem solving, project work, etc.
• Perform cycle counting and other inventory tasks, including material handling.
• Maintain visual management of part and raw material storage; clean and organized work area.
• Work with Planner and Manager to prioritize workload and equipment schedule to meet both internal and external demand.
• Assist in design, implementation and problem solving of new equipment and products.
• May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed
Essential: Third Level Qualification –Science / Chemistry discipline or equivalent
• 6 months production / testing experience preferred.
• Previous laboratory experiences an advantage.
• Chemistry background an advantage
• Accurate and proficient with Microsoft Office Excel
• Possess ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations
• Ability to learn machine operations (including set up and changeover)
• Ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their up to date CV to Audrey.email@example.com or call 0214297900