Transport, Warehousing & Automotive
Logistics Operative x2
- UK, Cumbria, Barrow-In-Furness
PE Global is currently recruiting two Logistics Operative for a 12-month contract role with a leading oil and gas client based in Barrow-In-Furness.
- Responsibilities will include breaking down shipments, measuring boxes, weighing shipments, re-palletizing and packaging delicate and fragile items.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders and couriers to ensure proper and prompt movement of shipments
- Ensure shipments are shipped on time, meeting company on time delivery targets and revenue targets
- Respond to customer inquiries and referring them to the proper departments
- Will be required to cover warehouse operations as and when needed, kitting components, etching components and working in goods inwards (full training will be provided in these areas).
- Experience in importation/exportation, communicating with brokers and customs to ensure all shipment documents are correct and proper clearing instructions are provided
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills are essential as well as the ability to write emails to internal / external customers on a regular basis.
- Background in oil and gas would be beneficial but not essential.
- Forklift operator license preferred but not essential.
- Experience of use of SAP system preferred (but not essential as full training will be given).
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 751 790 8064 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***