Logistics Team Leader
- County Dublin, West Dublin, Ireland
Our client one of the largest distributors of Mobile Devices, Home Entertainment and IT are currently seeking a Team Leader – Stock Control to work within state of the art distribution centre.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Stock Control and Vendor Returns Manager, the candidate will work as part of a dedicated team supporting our customers’ requirements. The candidate will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activity and a team of operatives.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Prior knowledge of operations and stock control
- Experience using SAP
- Experience using Microsoft suite, especially data manipulation and analysis in MS Excel
- Responsiveness to pressure and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Quality awareness
- Genuine desire to provide services with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent level of verbal and written English
- Excellent time management
- Cycle counts:
- Plan, organise, coordinate and execute cyclical stock counts and inventory audits
- Present and report results of cyclical counts
- Recommend measures to improve quality of service and increase effectiveness and efficiencies within and beyond the stock control function
- Continuously improve through the use of lean enterprise practices
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities and cycle counts
- Product placement:
- Manage process and material flows to maximize utilisation of the warehouse space and layout
- Monitor and control correct levels of stock in the storage locations to meet ‘on time in full’ order requirements
- People and process management:
- Lead, develop and empower the stock control team
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices
- Train, plan and assign daily work for the stock control team
- Maintain and promote the highest standards of health and safety throughout the operation
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency
- Proactively contribute to the team and actively committed to teams’ development
- Maintain and promote standards to the highest level within the department through the involvement of all team members
- Manage the stock control processes
- Manage, maintain and improve processes for stock control and disseminate feedback
- Maintain time, attendance and holiday planning of team members
- Deliver the operational goals and objectives for the department and implement methods and procedures to enhance stock performance
- Manage the strategic and financial needs and goals of the department. Ensure these goals translate into team and individual objectives. Take full accountability for the departmental KPIs and delivering performance
- Performance criteria:
- Self-aware, positive, self-motivated and pro-active leader, committed to successfully achieving the goals and objectives of themselves, the department and the company
- Maintain a high level of service to internal and external customers, promoting a positive attitude towards others in the team and across the business
- Build productive working relationships with other functions in the business
- Ensure effective and relevant information is communicated to colleagues to eliminate misunderstandings and ensure good working relationships are maintained
- Set an example for team members of commitment, warehouse and stock control activities, work ethics and habits and personal character.
- Perform other duties as assigned – flexibility in this regards is essential.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a progressive company who is experiencing a growth phase.
Apply today in strictest confidence!!!