Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Maintenance Technician – Pharma
- Provide effective technical support to Production in all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification; perform detailed maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting. Required to operate and clean the process equipment as necessary.
- Maintain process and production equipment, ensuring ongoing preventative maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs to ensure continuous, reliable and repeatable operation of all equipment; drive Total Productive Maintenance. Ensure effective management and equipment shutdown scheduling, ensuring resources are available, thereby minimizing downtown.
- Support maintenance planning and preventative maintenance through completion of planned and emergency work orders, calibrations, PMs etc. Document maintenance work, including upgrades, made to existing equipment, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation and records of repair history.
- Operate and monitor production support equipment, using MES/DCS and PLC based systems, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs, whilst facilitating continuous process improvements using Lean Principles.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair complex systems which may include CIP, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, production vessels, HVAC, Isolators, compressed gasses, plant steam/condensate, bulk chemical distribution and waste water treatment under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment. Interpret P&ID’s, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs
- Support continuous improvement by leading and active participation in repairs, upgrades, preventative maintenance and system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate. Perform root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts and equipment asset entry into the CMMS; liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to systems etc as necessary. Assist in general facility up keep and provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
- Leadership activities including selection, development, coaching and day to day management.
- Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with role. Develop and maintain training programmes.
- Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent required
- Time serviced Apprenticeship or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in an Engineering or related discipline is required
- Would typically have prior related work experience; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP setting
- Troubleshooting and maintaining process instrumentation and equipmen
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical/Instrumentation / pneumatic processes
- Sterile filling processes
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
If interested please contact Seán on 021-4297900 or email@example.com