Manufacturing Engineer – Cork
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer for a leading multi-national Med Device client based in Cork.
This is an initial 12-month contract position.
- Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing
operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes,
researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity
and capability alternatives.
- Supports the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality
standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of
materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies,
investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.:
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Projects
- Adhere to all on site Health and Safety requirement. Embedding culture of safety in day to
- Ensure all vendors and visitors adhere to all safety requirements and training while on site.
- Maintain product and process Quality elements daily. Embed Quality policy and culture into
day to day activities.
- Support day to day manufacturing operation activities to allow site to meet its targets as
- Develop and execute key documentation e.g. URS, FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, TMV Protocols
- Set up Preventive Maintenance and Calibration routines.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations
and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Develop, maintain, and adhere to project schedules for effective project implementation
- Identify and support technical improvements under the department’s continuous
- Directly deal with External Vendors for the development, purchasing and support key project
- Ensure all Vendors are correctly permitted prior to and while on site.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process
- Adhere to capital and budget spends
- Actively work to reduce cost on day to day activities, including vendor cots and
implementation of process improvements
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research
and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork in
support of day-to-day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required. Previous experience
working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, CAD and other databases
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodology; preferable with experience of implement process
improvement using Six sigma methodology
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Seán on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***