- Peterlee, County Durham, UK
PE Global is currently recruiting a Materials Planner for a 12-month contract role with a leading manufacturing client based in Peterlee.
- Uses MRP and supplier collaboration technologies to collaborate with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production and regulate inventory levels.
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate delivery and shipping schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Actively collaborates with suppliers to resolve supplier delivery issues and improve point of use availability, identifying and applying root cause corrections actions where necessary.
- Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Delivers improvements in point of use material availability
- Provides clear accurate communication, both verbal and written as appropriate, with all partners both internally and externally.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Strong material planning background
- Familiar with material planning systems and concepts
- Proven ability to schedule and expedite parts
- Computer literate (in particular Excel)
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- APICS or other Supply Chain qualification advantageous: College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 751 790 8064 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***