Engineering & Electronics
Mechanical Design Engineer (Marine Engines)
- Full Time
- Southern England
PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a long term contract for a reputable Engine Manufacturer based in Wimborne, Dorset.
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join the Engineering design team at the Clients Marine facility in the UK. The Wimborne facility is responsible for the design, manufacture, sales & support of all Caterpillar Marine product up to 500 bhp for propulsion and 200 ekW for the genset range.
The team has responsibility for all areas of the engine & genset design, with particular focus on fuel system, electrical system, cooling system and structural components as well as working directly with colleagues in Peterborough on the core engine component selection.
Within this design role you will work on internal and external customers projects, including new product introductions, current product maintenance, cost reduction activities and supplier development opportunities.
- Concept through to detailed design of new and innovative solutions which are validated to meet functional and technical requirements
- Make calculations, design decisions with necessary analysis.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure the design and drawings meet our exacting engineering standards.
- Work directly with global teams, suppliers, customers, production facilities to define problems and collaborate to reach solutions.
- Effectively communicating technical information, project updates, and challenges in a succinct and accurate manner to diverse audiences.
- Engineering qualification in a relevant discipline, or several years’ related experience
- Extensive Mechanical Design experience with sheet metal (forming, bending and welding) and general manufacturing materials and processes.
- Proficiency in PTC Creo or other modelling tools.
- Fabrication and Sheet Metal Design exposure
- Geometric Dimensions & Tolerancing to ASME Y14.5.
- The ability to conceive product designs and prepare design models.
- Good communication skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently by applying the theory and knowledge learned.
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***