Engineering & Electronics
Mechanical Development Engineer (Engines)
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
Ideal candidates would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/analysis, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer
Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years of experience. Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments. Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills. Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
Candidates should be experienced in performing tasks as follows:
- Execution of Core Engine System validation consisting of static & dynamic rigs, dyno and machine testing
- Conducting risk assessment through effective FMEA generation on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Be capable of understanding technical issues as they arise and execute root cause analysis through relevant tools, methods, data analysis and testing to resolve the issue
- Conduct or generate reports to support component and system design reviews
- Maintain communication to peers, team leader and stakeholders with progress against planned activities
- Support resolution to production, test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholders informed of progress and decisions
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives our employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
Essential: Strong technical background (HNC or technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience is equally valued
- Knowledge of Diesel engine core systems such as Rotating Systems, Valvetrain, Castings, Lubrication, Breather and Cooling systems
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Validation experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Bolted joint and sealing experience
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVP&R and FMEA’s
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre – data management software
- New design development following the APQP methodology
- Familiarity with Microsoft O365 including Teams
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***