Engineering & Electronics
Mechanical Engineer – Carlow
- Potentially a Site Based Position; dependent on Covid-19 restrictions.
- Objective is to create an Asset Management Strategy (AMS) for Expansion Project
- Working on state-of-the-art equipment on a high-profile project.
- Working on building Asset Management Systems and Strategies for a state-of-the-art facility; Factory of the Future
- Working as part of a strong and talented team
- Responsible for the safe accomplishment of activities whilst following all statutory, environmental, regulatory (cGMP), corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with the Production Equipment Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Reliability Excellence Team in the preparation, support during and close out of Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Events.
- Manage all the equipment material gathered for each event, including; Preventive/Corrective Maintenance details, equipment performance info, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Drawings, Vendor info, Spares info etc..
- Work closely with the FMECA Team to ensure that all outputs from the events are processed in a timely manner
- Responsible for meeting predefined targets with respect to preparing documentation/data, participating in and following up on production related events for the Site’s Rx Program
- Support the site’s Unplanned Downtime Governance process by collecting, transcribing and providing key data to stakeholders and work with the Production/Rx Team to transition to an OEE process from a manual D/T process
- Required to comply with Merck Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience working within an Engineering or Maintenance Department required, preferably in a pharmaceutical, medical or equivalent GMP environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP and GDP preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Knowledge of maintenance systems, processing equipment and maintenance systems.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with external customers
- Track record of implementing change initiatives
- Self-motivated, Flexible approach, Proven organizational skills, Data analysis
- Demonstrable analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification; ideally in a related Engineering discipline
If interested please contact Seán on 021-4297900 or email@example.com