Engineering & Electronics
Mechanical Systems Engineer (Engines)
- UK, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough
PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Systems Engineer for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 12 month + contract.
- Perform analysis of machine & engine data to develop technical objectives, identify system level risks and identify & resolve product issues.
- Support the creation and maintenance of System FMEA’s, and facilitate the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP – Design Verification Plan) for dynamometer & machine.
- Work with component teams, test engineers, product managers & customers, to make decisions making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
- Collaborate to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability. This will be achieved using a combination of engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data.
- Undertake machine integration application risk assessments, working collaboratively with our customers.
- Take results from DVP & translate into product capability statements, and application sign-off requirements
- A Systems Engineering approach to product development
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse engine data and use it drive decisions with clear, concise conclusions
- Experience of engine design, development or simulation
- Experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Experience of working as part of a cross functional team
- Engineering degree or similar
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***