Oil & Gas
- Northern England
PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join a leading Oil & Gas company based in Barrow – In – Furness. This is a 12 month + contract role likely to be extended. This position is for backshift, either permanently or on a 2 week rotation with day shift.
- Work as part of a fast-paced Engineering team to Design, Develop & Qualify Downhole Electrical/Hydraulic/Optical Connectors .
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing.
- Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentations.
- Conduct troubleshooting and failure analysis.
- Proactively maintain schedules, deadlines, and risk registers. Use creative design principles to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems as and when they occur.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artefacts. Contribute to design standards.
- Provide support to other departments, working alongside Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Sales. Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
- Comply with all applicable company policies, including HR, Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical discipline.
- Experience in the design and development of electro-mechanical products.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical principles Desirable to have experience in the design and development of Downhole or Subsea Instrumentation Connectors.
- Desirable to have experience working on products for high pressure, high temperature environments Knowledge of metallic and elastomeric materials.
- Experience of clearance and fits and tolerance analysis Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling Proficient user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Desirable to have experience in PTC Creo / Windchill modelling environments Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint Excellent written and verbal communication
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***