- Northern England
PE Global is currently recruiting an MRP Controller for a 12-month contract role with a leading defence client based in Bolton.
- Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
- Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
- Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
- Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
- A background in Defence or aerospace is preferred.
- A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
- Previous experience of logistics, production planning or an associated discipline.
- The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the work carried out by this client, this role can only accept applications from UK passport holders.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 203 966 9800 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***