Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
MSAT Associate Scientist
- County Cork, Cork, Ireland
PE Global are recruiting for a MSAT Associate Scientist on behalf of our client based in Cork
12 months maternity leave backfill
Reports to (Job Title): Senior Manager, Process Lab Sciences, Biologics Centre of Excellence
The individual will be focusing on small-scale cell culture and fermentation activities and/or purification processing in the Biologics Centre of Excellence laboratory associated with the commercial manufacturing processes for a range of commercial products. The Associate/Senior Associate Scientist will support process characterization, scale down model development, troubleshooting of complex manufacturing deviations, and continuous process improvement activities. The candidate must be knowledgeable in cell biology or biochemistry and have experience with mammalian or microbial processing and/or purification technologies. An open, collaborative mindset is essential.
This individual must be competent with techniques typical for a manufacturing sciences lab supporting the manufacturing of recombinant proteins, as well as with analysis and interpretation of data. The candidate will work in a project-based environment which involves presenting data to collaborators and authorship of memos, protocols and reports. The candidate will organize, analyze and interpret data independently and as part of a wider scientific team. In addition to Scientific Work, the individual will be an active part of the Shanbally site community with the opportunity to participate in department and site-based initiatives.
List the major responsibilities of the job.
- Technical transfer, development and/or optimisation of small-scale models for cell culture or purification commercial processes.
- Design and conduct laboratory studies to support commercial manufacturing of recombinant enzymes and proteins. Studies include but are not limited to; process optimization & robustness studies, resin qualification, new technology evaluation, exploration of process analytical technologies.
- Knowledgeable in protein science, cell biology and protein expression. Readily share technical knowledge and experience with the wider MSAT team and support students/graduates with their laboratory skills development.
- Provide technical and investigations support for ongoing cell culture/purification processes at laboratory and manufacturing scale. Work cross-functionally with manufacturing, quality, CMC to secure consistency of drug substance supply to our patients.
- Work independently and within a team to maintain daily laboratory operations and actively communicate risks, setbacks and successes to internal stakeholders.
- Work with other MSAT scientists locally and globally to identify knowledge gaps and provide solutions to increase process understanding.
- Effective execution of experiments and basic problem solving with thorough documentation of experiments and results. Ability to perform data analysis and interpret and present results. An interest in Advanced Data Analytics with experience in RStudio, JMP, DoE would be desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with good organizational skills.
- Collaborate locally and globally, practice open & regular communication with key stakeholders within and outside of company including Process Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Manufacturing, Quality, Validation, Quality Control, and Facilities Services.
- Adhere to all site safety, environmental and industrial hygiene procedures and practices.
- Play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the safety of the workplace and the laboratories.
- Prepare SOPs, reports and documents such as characterization protocols, development reports, and testing results data reports.
- Coordinate routine preventative maintenance for laboratory equipment.
- May be required to work periodically out of normal business hours
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, biotechnology or similar with 3-5 years relevant experience in process development, manufacturing sciences or commercial manufacturing.
- Masters or PhD qualification in a relevant technical area would be an advantage.
- Experience working within a regulated or pharmaceutical environment would be desirable.
- An interest in Advanced Data Analytics and Design of Experiments with experience in RStudio, SAS, JMP etc would be desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
The role of MSAT is to provide excellent scientific and process engineering support to client’s portfolio of commercial and clinical products. In that regard the work environment is highly varied. Laboratory work will require the use or proximity of chemicals, laboratory and manufacturing equipment and instruments, and mechanical moving parts. Noise and vibration may be present.
Periodic week-end laboratory work and week-end support work and/or on-call support for Manufacturing will be required.
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Audrey on 0214297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***