Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
MSAT Engineer – Cork
PE Global is currently recruiting for a MSAT Engineer for a leading multi-national Biotech client based in Cork.
This is an initial 12-month contract position, Maternity Leave cover.
The MSAT Frontline Scientist/Engineer reports to the GMSAT Biologics Centre of Excellence Frontline Manager and is responsible for being the primary contact with Manufacturing for a given product prior to, during and post-campaign. Their primary role is to ensure that the manufacturing process performs as expected while ensuring continuous process improvement through the application of scientific and engineering expertise. This role will require technical understanding in cell culture and/or protein purification science and technology. The role involves high levels of cross functional collaboration in areas such as technology transfer, process scale up, process optimization and continuous improvement. The role will combine scientific, engineering and operational leadership. The MSAT Frontline Scientist/Engineer will learn deep skills in Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Data Modelling and Experimental Design. The Scientist/Engineer will also be able to demonstrate impactful communication of complex scientific and engineering concepts to non-technical audiences. Furthermore, this position requires a high degree of familiarity with cGMP and Quality Systems involved with both clinical and commercial manufacturing processes.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the product and process knowledge, be highly knowledgeable of product and process trends by providing input to APQR for analysis and for driving process technology innovations.
- Collect data for ongoing process verification, tracking and evaluation of product performance and implementation of CAPAs.
- Interpret complex technical challenges and provide resolutions to enable decisions.
- Perform first line evaluation of product and process related issues (deviations, complaints, OOS, OOE).
- Lead and provide constructive challenge during process investigations and steer investigations to be data driven, risk-based and comprehensive.
- Support Process Steward for assessment of technical changes, establishment of root-cause analysis, Quality Risk Assessment, process control strategy.
- Support process optimization establishment and new technology introduction for continued quality, capability and productivity improvements as appropriate.
- Provide technical input to technology transfer related documents (e.g. clinical and commercial protocols, batch records, PV documents, equipment user requirements)
- Prioritize effectively and manage multiple priorities in a fast-pace work environment
- Work closely with the other GMSAT Team members, be engaged in the planning of experiments resulting from campaign learnings to increase process robustness and reduce Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Ensure process training is provided to MFG operations staff on a campaign basis.
- Utilize fundamental engineering principles relevant to bioprocess unit operations for scale-up, facility fit and technology transfer.
- Provide training for new personnel on the process and prior to each campaign.
- Provide technical direction in troubleshooting and optimizing ongoing manufacturing upstream/downstream unit operations.
- Monitor production process and trends and lead the analysis and communication of the results.
- Provide manufacturing with critical information necessary for maintaining consistent product supply, now and in the future.
- Lead/participate in the diagnosis and resolution of production problems.
- Provide technical input to process validation plans, protocols and reports.
- As the technical SME provide technical expertise and discussion during GMP audits from regulatory authorities
- Interface with Manufacturing, Quality and Validation, Quality Control, Process Sciences and Engineering.
- Adhere to all site safety, environmental and industrial hygiene procedures and practices, and actively participate in maintaining and enhancing the safety of the workplace and the laboratories.
- May be required to work periodically out of normal business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, Bioprocess and Chemical Engineering or similar with 3-5 years relevant experience in process development, manufacturing sciences or commercial manufacturing.
- Masters or PhD qualification in a relevant technical area would be an advantage.
- Experience working within a regulated or pharmaceutical environment would be desirable.
- An interest in Advanced Data Analytics and Design of Experiments with experience in RStudio, SAS, JMP etc would be desirable.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Seán on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***