Oil & Gas
- UK, Angus, Montrose
PE Global is currently recruiting for an NDT Inspector for a leading multi-national Oil & Gas client based in Montrose, Scotland.
This is a contract position with strong possibility of moving to a permanent position. 20hrs per week (4 hours per day), with overtime available.
As NDT Technician and QA Inspector you will play key role in ensuring systems and structural components perform their function effectively whilst providing a balance between cost-effectiveness and quality control. You will ensure correct implementation of procedures within the company’s facility, monitoring of NDT activities for all testing on a daily basis. As NDT Technician/QA Inspector you will ensure that customer requirements are accomplished in a timely and an accurate manner providing accurate and timely reports according to the project specifications. You will work in collaboration with the NDT Supervisor encouraging positive open discussions on NDT deficiencies, safety and quality specifications making recommendations to improve processes, testing and safety. Your PCN / SNT level 2 qualifications will act as a strong foundation in the testing of NOV and customer product lines. The NDT Technician and QA Inspector also works in maintaining NDT inspection documents and related quality documents according to the quality plan.
- Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, and visual testing
- Monitor and report Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of required work scop.
- Control and ensure the accuracy of all quality documentation related to customer requirements
- Work closely with departmental managers, staff and suppliers to ensure quality, aiming to minimise the costs of reworking or waste and maximise customer satisfaction with the company’s products
- Make recommendations for corrective actions, continually identifying areas of improvement
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of products or materials
- Examine product using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) result.
- Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results
- Visually examine materials, structures, or components using tools and equipment for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks, or other flaws
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- Ensure that all NDT processes and procedures are relevant and kept up to date
- Radiography Testing (RT) & Interpretation (RI) – a must
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) – very desirable
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI), Dye Pen and Heat Treatment – desirableHND in a relevant engineering qualification or equivalent
- ASNT TC 1A level II (or recognised equivalent which complies to EN473) in magnetic particle examination, dye penetrant examination
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Working knowledge within an engineering manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Quality Management System
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Examination of welds and castings
- Working knowledge of industry standards e.g. ISO, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, NACE, (Theoretical and Working Knowledge is a MUST).
- Proficient in reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, or alternatively send an up to date CV to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***