Oil & Gas
NDT Technician (Oil & Gas)
PE Global is currently recruiting for an NDT Technician for a leading multi-national Oil & Gas client based in Montrose, Scotland.
This is an initial 6 month contract with strong possibility of moving to a permanent position.
Full time hours – 39 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
The NDT Technician will ensure correct implementation of quality plans within our machine shop and testing operations, monitoring the pipeline of NDT activities for all testing on a daily basis. NDT Technician will ensure that project specifications are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner providing detailed reports according to the project specifications. This position will work in collaboration with the Quality function encouraging positive open discussions on NDT deficiencies, safety and quality specifications making recommendations to improve processes, testing and safety. Your PCN level 2 in Radiography, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle testing will act as a strong foundation in the testing of product lines including welds and castings. The NDT Technician also works in maintaining NDT inspection documents and related quality documents according to the quality plan.
- Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as radiography, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, and visual testing.
- Monitor and report Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of required work scope package(s).
- Control and ensure the accuracy of all project quality documentation related to projects
- Work closely with departmental managers, manufacturing staff and suppliers to ensure quality, aiming to minimise the costs of reworking or waste and maximise customer satisfaction with our products
- Make recommendations for corrective actions, continually identifying areas of improvement
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of products or materials.
- Examine welds, and castings using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) results.
- Conduct radiography and liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer.
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results.
- Visually examine materials, structures, or components using tools and equipment for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks, or other flaws.
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- Travel when required as dictated by business needs
- HNC or HND in a relevant engineering qualification or equivalent (essential).
- SNT level II or PCN 2 in radiography, magnetic particle examination, dye penetrant examination (very essential).
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience (essential).
Experience with implementation of corrective action programs (essential).
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional / Technical skills)
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand (Decision Quality & Problem Solving)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Priority Setting)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing Others)
- Able to define, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs. (Process Management
- Can be counted on to stand your ground in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably (Conflict Management)
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action Oriented)
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self- development)
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer Relationships)
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook) (essential).
- Quality Management System (essential).
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA (essential).
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (essential).
- Examination of welds and castings (essential).
- Working knowledge of industry standards API 6A standard, ISO, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, NACE, NORSOK, PED (Theoretical and Working Knowledge is a MUST) (essential).
- Proficient in reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings (essential).
- Working knowledge within an engineering or machine shop environment (essential).
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up to date CV to Jennifer.email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***