- Southern England
The digital team need a band 6 level IT engineer for a short term task for the Network project, this will be initially based as a travelling role – undertaking detailed reviews and surveys of networking equipment at our sites.
Travel to these sites will be part of the role – sites are all in the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire area.
Network Cabinet Reviews Person
- Visual review of equipment only
- Understanding of networking equipment use
- Ability to recognise different network cabinet equipment (eg UPS, switches, NTE)
- Ability to map out cabinet in a visual representation by U space
- Significant attention to detail
- List any guest WiFi available (and the SSIDs)
- Liaison with existing suppliers and local site contacts
- Preparation of report from findings
- Able to work independently without regular management updates
You will be required to document existing cabinet layout noting any spaces available as well as documenting current environment (eg cooling, security) and any concerns.