Engineering & Electronics
NPI Project Coordinator
PE Global are looking for a NPI Project Coordinator for a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Stafford. This position is a hybrid and 12 month extendable contract.
The project management professional would be committed to delivering programs on-time, within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Provides expertise in specific areas of program management processes to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective implementation.
Facilitates, coordinates and maintain NPI project schedules, assisting the NPI Program Managers in delivering the Large Engines focused NPI projects on-time and within budget.
- This position is the role of a capable project management professional and the incumbent has project management experience. The incumbent will provide facilitation and coordination for project team meetings and is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems, which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions to ensure the programs are on time & within. The incumbent should possess the ability to work with functional areas and conduct detail-planning meetings to develop their detailed activities and schedule. The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others, assisting peers within the group and promotes a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- He/she manages projects that have some R&D value, are moderately complex in nature, and will require some supervision. This is a staff position that requires a foundational understanding of program and project management tools & processes. The incumbent will have the ability to facilitate project teams and will help lead integration & compression sessions. Work assignments may be specialized in nature but may also require some coordination between other staff personnel needed for larger and more complex programs.
- Specific work assignments may be as follows: Coordinate with Program Managers in scheduling and support program control meetings & compression sessions. Supports Program Managers in facilitating update meetings, maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, program cost tracking, and provides workshop planning, execution and follow-up assistance.
- Create accurate and detailed schedules with occasional follow-up by Program Management Supervisor. The incumbent captures project information, and with periodic assistance from the project team interprets, identifies relationships between activities, analyses data from schedule updates, and works with project team members to resolve issues/concerns. Helps explain changes due to updates; will occasionally recommend actions to resolve schedule problems, and updates plan accordingly based on actions taken by team to resolve schedule problems.
- Conduct detail-planning meetings with some supervision. The incumbent possesses the ability to work with functional areas to develop their detailed activities and schedule. Provides recommendations to project team needed to increase accuracy of program and project schedules, provides guidance to team in understanding and following program and project management standard processes, and works daily with team members to emphasize the importance of the program schedule to be successful in implementing on time, with in cost, and at the required quality targets. Provides administrative planning and follow-up for program team, steering committee, and governance review meetings
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
- Degree in an Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Discipline would be desirable.
- 3-5 years of progressive job-related experience in Program Coordination, Project Management, or NPI are typically required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, excel and project. Excel: need vlook up – analyzation of data
- Should have project management knowledge creating detailed work plans within a PM software including duration-based activities, resource forecasts, and scope.
- Very effective interpersonal skills are required including team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge or experience in Engines, Diesel Engine Manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Background in Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial industries also desirable
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***