Nurses , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
Occupational Health Nurse – Cork
- Full Time
PE Global Healthcare are recruiting for a Occupational Health Nurse in Cork on a 15 month Fixed Term Contract
The successful candidate will be working on both Covid & non Covid work streams.
- Management and treatment of work related injuries and rehabilitation.
- Risk based pre-employment health assessments
- Health surveillance e.g. Respiratory & Skin Respiratory, Musculoskeletal, Hazardous substances, Infectious diseases, Vision testing etc
- Sickness & work-related injury absence management, including consultation with Occupational Physician
- Employee case management regarding the medical aspects of absence due to illness and disability
- Apply a collaborative approach with management & stakeholders to rehabilitate employees and return to work
- Coordination and delivery of mass vaccination programs for different infectious diseases with particular emphasis on Seasonal Influenza & Hepatitis B.
- Management of occupational blood/body fluid exposures, post exposure management
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements, experience at policy development, implementation and review systems.
- Health Promotion & Employee well-being programmes
- Employee Assistance support, debriefment skills, primary contact with external EAP service.
- Triaging symptomatic HCWs through the appropriate Covid testing pathway
- Case managing positive HCW cases who are out of work with a diagnosis of Covid19
- Contact tracing of workplace & HCW positive cases
- Management of workplace close & casual contacts
- Clinical support to Helpline staff on Covid 19 HCW advice and management
- Communication of laboratory results to positive HCWs and reporting of all other Coivd19 results through appropriate clinical pathways.
Experience & Qualifications
- Registered General Nurse with the NMBI
- OH Qualification or equivalent and experience working as an Occupational Health Nurse preferred
- Case Management experience
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
Please call Gary PE Global Healthcare 0818 222 018 or email email@example.com
PE Global Healthcare specialises in providing contract and permanent Healthcare professionals to the private and public sector. PE Global Healthcare finds jobs for Healthcare Staff in all specialties in Ireland.
Register today to keep your finger on the Job Opportunity Pulse