Operator – with previous Chemistry Exp
- Full Time
- County Cork, Carrigtohill, Ireland
Operator required with experience of operating chemical processes around calibration solutions
Successful Candidates Core Duties: you will be involved in the calibration of various types of analyzers according to defined work instructions to meet quality standards & product specification. General duties may include preparation of calibration solutions, calibration of analyzers, documentation of results. Analyzer set-up & equipment operation. Candidate will need previous experience of the above or a strong education background in chemistry or allied discipline.
• Responsible for calibration various types of analyzers
• Gathering materials and preparation calibration solutions
• Participation in the creation of laboratory-relevant SOPs. Results documentation
• Maintain quality of products produced according to department standards
• Record and maintain quality or traceability information. Meet productivity standards.
• Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
• Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks; some trouble-shooting of equipment.
• Suggest improvements and support Kaizen / DBS activities.
• Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions.
• Report complicated equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Participate in team meetings, which includes planning daily work and resource utilization, problem solving, project work, etc.
• Perform cycle counting and other inventory tasks, including material handling.
• Maintain visual management of part and raw material storage; clean and organized work area.
• Work with Planner and Manager to prioritize workload and equipment schedule to meet both internal and external demand.
• Assist in design, implementation and problem solving of new equipment and products.
• May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed
• A Third Level Qualification –Science / Chemistry discipline or equivalent.
• Previous laboratory experiences a strong advantage. Ideally 12 months in a production / testing environment.
• Background in practical Chemistry or in a studied capacity an advantage
Basic Skillset Required:
• Accurate and proficient with Microsoft Office Excel
• Possess ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations
• Ability to learn machine operations (including set up and changeover)
• Ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.