Operators – Day Shift – Little Island
- Full Time
We are seeking Operators – to work in Little Island with experience of assembly and of using Power Tools & a strong electrical / mechanical aptitude essential for our Little Island based client.
These roles will be day shift only, with an hourly rate of €13.50.
All candidates will start on a 6 month agency contract.
All candidates will need fluency in English, a verifiable work history & a desire to develop a career in the production industry.
Candidates will need to be able to multitask, work to a number of deadlines at once and excel at working as a part of a team.
Candidates must have previous experience of working in a responsible / accountable role.
Attention to detail is essential, as is previous experience in a target driven production role.
A strong aptitude in mechanical, spatial or engineering a strong advantage as these roles are quite technical.
Exposure to the operation of the power tools and previous assembly work is key.
- Mechanically and electrically assemble analysers and their sub components in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Adhering to the defined work instructions and quality requirements.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks.
- Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions.
- Report complicated equipment malfunctions to production supervisor as per specified process.
- Gather materials as per picking list.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Perform cycle counting and other inventory tasks, including material handling.
- May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed.
- Work with manager to suggest and initiate changes to process, machines, or procedures that improve safety, quality, delivery, or productivity
- Interface with other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties throughout the facility as assigned.
- Candidates most have good Manual Dexterity and good Coordination
- Proven mechanical ability or aptitude.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful.
- Possess working knowledge of mechanic systems / troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Possess working knowledge of electrical systems and troubleshooting electrical problems.
- Soldering skills would be advantage.
- Ability to read basic electrical drawings.
- Ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations.
- Some areas will require the ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful.
Excellent progression path available for the right candidates.
Hourly €13.50 per hour, €526.50 per week, Annual Wage Circa €27,378