Engineering & Electronics
Packaging Engineer (Engine Manufacturing)
- Stockton-On-Tees, Cleveland, UK
PE Global are looking for a Packaging Engineer for a leading Engine Manufacturing Company based in Stockton. This is a 24 month+ long term contract with WFH 1 day per week and flexible working hours. Travel to other facilities required.
This position designs and develops returnable and expendable packaging for individual piece parts and bulk shipping to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and delivery of material. Proper packaging design includes part containment, protection, and optimization of transportation and other supply chain functions. Establish packaging and processing specifications at the part number level for new product introductions, cost savings, or other supply chain improvement.
- Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components
- Communicate with existing facilities on packaging issues related to receiving, warehousing, and/or line side delivery.
- Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Lead low risk Green Belt projects.
- Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and delivered to the customer in a usable fashion
- Design for transport efficiency
- Perform containerization analysis, testing, and quoting
- Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase
- Coordinate with operations for storage and ergonomic considerations
- Develop kitting packaging
- Validate returnable quantities through simulations
- Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
- Resolve issues reported by customers and process partners
- Develop, communicate and maintain supplier packaging requirements
- Audit conformance to packaging specification
- Joint Process Improvement with packaging vendors and purchasing
- Create packaging concepts using 3D modeling software (i.e. Creo)
- 3+ years in similar industry background
- Creo is highly desirable but would consider other 3D modelling experience.
- Project management experience
- Budget management experience
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to email@example.com.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***