Payroll Officer – Galway
PE Global are recruiting for a Payroll Officer for our tourism client based in Galway. This is an 11- month contract role with hybrid working options.
- Responsibility for accurate and timely end to end processing of the monthly payroll
- Completing control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment
- Ensure payroll accruals are accurate
- Prepare and compile specialised payroll reports to support overall budgeting forecasts
- Keep up to date with Revenue on-line services i.e. Tax Credit Certs and filing Payroll Submissions.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes which impact on payroll
- Accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end
- Complete reports for pension administrator and CSO.
- Providing reports as required by the Human Resources team to ensure full compliance with working time directive etc.
- Accurate recording of absences for various statutory deductions eg, parent’s leave, illness benefit.
- Supervise and provide support to the Payroll Assistant
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the PeopleXD Payroll records maintained on the system
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Education & Experience
- A Professional Qualification (minimum Level 6 under the QQI Framework) in a related discipline is essential
- 2 years’ experience with a large volume payroll in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience with payroll software systems is essential
- Strong organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate articulately and effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality
- IPASS qualified or similar payroll qualification desirable
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Aisling on 021- 4297900 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland****