Engineering & Electronics
PCB Design Engineer
PCB Design Engineer required for a 6-month contract role with a leading multinational client based in Stafford.
- Lead on electronic circuit board (PCB) verification
- Implement and perform validation tests and design-proving tests
- Writing requirement, design, routine test and validation specifications for control and protection electronics.
- Specification of ATE equipment and industrialisation activities
- Work closely with supply chain and support supplier and manufacturing and site activities.
- Integration with other departments (engineering, manufacturing, S&P, SQA) for product development and support tendering and project delivery
- Design and specification of electronic components
- Analysing system requirements and defining functions to be implemented in Hardware and/or Firmware
- Creating and maintaining manufacturing datapacks
- Completing engineering activities to cost and to schedule
- Participating in and contributing to technical design reviews with engineering experts
- Compile DFMEA and design document and know how to apply PFMEA
- Review and approve design documentation when required
- Work closely with the Firmware implementation and verification team to ensure functional requirements are met.
- Strict adherence to safety policies and promote EHS within the team
- Strong all-round knowledge and understanding of electronic components, circuit design and principles.
- High power Analogue electronic circuit design
- High-speed digital design and PCB layout skills
- Strong control electronics/PCB debugging skills
- Design for excellence (DFX) (e.g. manufacturing, cost, size, weight, efficiency, performance, test, maintenance)
- Design, routine test, type test and verification specification
- EHS compliance ability
- Knowledge/understanding of high-power and high-voltage control and protection circuit requirements.
- Power electronic components (IGBTs, thyristors, passive components)
- Experience with Altera and Microsemi (Actel) FPGA devices and design tools (Quartus, Libero etc)
- FPGA Firmware (Verilog) programming, debugging and verification skills
- High Voltage engineering
- Proven ability in product design, validation and industrialisation
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience of supplier chain integration (e.g. technical communication, clause-by-clause review, production line audit)
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 2039 669 800 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK**