Engineering & Electronics
Maintenance and Process Manager
- Full Time
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Process and Maintenance Manager for a leading food manufacturer based in Kilkenny.
This is a permanent position.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures for production lines in a GMP manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Managing maintenance technician group.
- Ensuring that the site manufacturing equipment performance meets or exceeds all required KPI
- Provide strategies to ensure all technicians training has been identified and support the ongoing skills enhancement of members of Maintenance teams
- Ensure planned preventative maintenance is executed to plan and plans are in place to ensure regulatory conformance always
- Periodic maintenance systems review, identification and execution of continuous improvement projects focused on equipment performance, application of best practice maintenance strategies to sustain these improvements long term
- Ensure all maintenance work performed onsite exceeds Health & Safety and Quality requirements
- Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, not reactive
- Overall responsibility for the adherence for site Maintenance Department budget.
- (Owner of CMMS systems (Pemac) for Maintenance Function)
- Responsible for end-to-end process and plant optimisation across production, filling and packing, utilities and milk intake
- Act as Process SME and lead technical support for all production impacting issues
- Establish performance standards and optimise performance across all processes in the plant
- Engage with stakeholders including Quality and Production teams in the prioritisation, development, design and testing of new or enhanced processes
- Utilising the relevant Change Control Systems, secure approval for implementing change
- Work with Production team to plan and execute agreed changes
- Monitor MES KPI data for individual processes including reporting and trending of data
- Utilise data insights to recommend interventions to drive performance
- Troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to enhance plant performance and drive KPI improvement
- Ownership of process driven documentation including design, development and roll-out of Standard Operating Procedures, Process documentation (including log books) and training documentation
- Completion of QSM documentation relating to Change Control, Event Reports, RCAs etc for specific processes
- Take leadership role in Change Control for specific processes
- As Subject Matter Expert for specific processes, work with training to design, plan and deliver training to new and existing employees and take a lead role in technical competence assessment of Trainees
- Train new and existing employees on process management including associated automation systems and MES
- Experience in lead maintenance role in a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment
- Third level qualification in Engineering/Science or a related discipline.
- Advanced organisation and planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RCA tools (Root Cause Analysis) and lean manufacturing techniques. – repeated in lean and process improvement requirement
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Process Improvement or product development, is desirable
- Results driven, customer focused with high performance capability in a fast moving challenging business environment
- Demonstrate strong technical ability and attention to detail to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to bring people with them for the best outcomes
- Ability to analyse data, recognise trends and recommend actions to drive continuous improvement
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up-to-date resume.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Niamh on +353 21 4520313 or alternatively send an up to date CV to Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***