Engineering & Electronics
Performance System Engineer
PE Global are recruiting for a Performance Systems Senior Engineer to work on a 18 month contract with a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough.
- Acting as Performance Systems Engineer for one of our engine platforms within the team to ultimately deliver an off-highway diesel engine performance that exceeds customer expectations
- Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
- Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Lead issue investigations for complex systems interaction issues in NPI and/or current product spaces, working closely with customers, suppliers and process partners
- Work with regulation team partners to maintain product compliance across worldwide territories.
- Technical expertise in some of the following areas and strive to broaden and develop across our other areas of focus:
- Diesel engine core performance and emissions
- Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
- Product controls software development
- Product technical issue root cause and resolution
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Detailed and significant knowledge of internal combustion engines in some of the key areas outlined above
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
- Experience of MATLAB and Simulink
- Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Knowledge of heavy-duty machine applications
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***