Engineering & Electronics
Engine Performance Emissions Calibration Engineer
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
PE Global are recruiting for a Performance Emissions Engineer to work on a 12 month + contract with a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough.
The 900 Series Platform Development team are responsible for developing and managing robust engine and aftertreatment calibrations focused on meeting complex regulatory, business and customer requirements. The team applies deep technical knowledge to data analysis, converting data into decisions, generating technical review and sign-off material, to ensure that our product recipe is of the highest quality and delivered on time. This is a highly visible team that works directly with all areas of engineering and will, at times report out directly to our product groups.
You will work closely with the Performance Systems Integration engineering team to define & deliver robust methods in achieving the Product Objectives and Technical Objectives (PO’s/TO’s) within the IPSD-M 900 Series product range. You will also work closely with the GED Test operations team to ensure quality data is achieved and with our Virtual Calibration Team in maximising the value of simulation-based calibration.
- Conduct and/or direct engine tests, calibration, and performance development to support 900 Series programme requirements.
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality.
- Collaborate with global team to drive global alignment and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a ‘passion for the product’ are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high-pressure environment.
- Experience in combustion, performance, and economy development of compression ignition engines.
- Experience in the running of engines on testbeds and analysing emissions and performance information to influence calibration decisions.
- Hands on engine testing and problem-solving experience.
- Previous leadership experience (direct or in-direct)
- Project Management methods and processes
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***