AHPs , Medical Professionals & Healthcare
- Full Time
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin, Ireland
PE Global Healthcare are working in partnership with a HSE Clinical Setting for Dublin City Centre to recruit a Pharmacist on a HSE Temp Contract.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***
- Act as a specialist resource for the patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Assist in managing the efficient running of the dispensary.
- Supervise and supply drugs, pharmaceuticals and other related items, as may be required.
- Oversee the operation of the pharmacy dispensary.
- Maintain records for purchasing, quality control, compounding and dispensing to the standards required.
- Answer and record medicines information queries from staff and patients.
- Provide advice, as required, to medical and nursing staff on the proper and economic use of drugs and medicines including participation in schemes for the dissemination of information in relation to drugs and drug usage designed to deliver optimal care economically.
- Provide a patient focused clinical pharmacy service including prescription review, patient counselling, and medication reconciliation on admission.
- Ensure the safe use of medicines by evaluating and managing risks associated with the use of medicines and by participating in the Centre’s Medicines Safety reporting process.
- Deliver training and education to medical, nursing and pharmacy staff through induction days, study days, journal club and other educational events.
- Supervise and tutor pharmacy technician students and other students during work experience placements in the department.
- Participate in continuing education and in such activities consistent with the post and in accordance with the Irish Institute of Pharmacy.
Health & Safety
- Each employee is responsible to take reasonable care for his or her own acts or omissions and the effect that these may have upon the safety of themselves or any other person.
- Every employee must use safety equipment or clothing in a proper manner and for the purpose intended
- No employee may undertake any task for which they have not been authorised and for which they are not adequately trained.
- All employees are under a duty to familiarise themselves with the Risk Management/Fire, Health & Safety Policies.
- All staff are responsible for identifying, assessing and reporting all risks and for contributing to the management and review of all risks.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
- Must have relevant Educational Qualification.
- Must be registered with the PSI.
- 3 years experience is preferable but not essential.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Michelle Roche on 0832033637 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com