Engineering & Electronics
Power Systems Simulation Engineer
- UK, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough
PE Global are looking for a Power Systems Engineer to join a leading Engine Manufacturer based in Peterborough. This is a 24 Month + contract with a hybrid schedule mainly Work From Home basis but to be requested to be on site when required.
- Create 1D engine and hybrid power system models, to simulate both liquid and gaseous low-C fuels (e.g., hydrogen, methanol, ethanol, DME, OME, etc.) in off-road machine applications.
- Use 1D power system and machine models to integrate, evaluate and optimize novel engine and hybrid components and subsystems.
- Compare/validate simulation results to both physical power system test data
- Propose, research, develop, implement, and test new sub models for improved prediction of engine performance and emissions from 1D simulation tools.
- Report simulation results and make recommendations to improve engine performance or resolve power system performance issues.
- Work with universities to advance predictive capability of simulation tools for engines and hybrid power systems.
- 1D System Simulation experience
- Low carbon intensity fuels & fuel cells experience
- Internal combustion engines experience
- Experience with Power Systems with Engines and motors for Off Road Machines
- Simulation tools: Any of the following: GT Power, GT Suite, AVL Boost, AVL Cruise, Siemens Simcenter, AME Sim
- Relevant degree qualified
- Background in Automotive, Heavy Industry or Aerospace.
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don’t hesitate to call +44 20 3966 9800 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***