Engineering & Electronics
Principal R&D Engineer
- Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
- Effectively represent while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience, additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and technical leadership.
- Proven influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- Seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- Strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
If interested please contact Seán on 021-4297900 or email@example.com