Engineering , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Process Safety Engineer
- Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer for our medical device client in Limerick. This is an initial 6-month contract, onsite role.
Reporting to the site EHS Lead, the EHS Specialist advises the day to day operations in all aspects related to process safety management (PSM).
This role ensures that operations in all functional areas within the site are carried out according to Irish and EU legislation and J&J expectations and standards for all matters regarding PSM.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of EHS management systems and programs in relation to PSM; the active promotion of PSM awareness; the collection, reporting and analysis of key PSM performance indicators; and ensuring appropriate PSM training is provided to all site employees.
• Provides PSM support for the Limerick site
• Ensures that systems are in place to maintain 100% site compliance with all relevant legislation & standards/guidelines
• Co-ordinates HAZOP Revalidation programme
• Co-ordinates electrostatic assessment/re-assessment programme
• Ensure compliance with ATEX regulations
• Assesses changes / projects from a process safety perspective as part of site Management of Change process
• Provides technical advice and support to site Facilities team in terms of solvent tank farm, solvent blending operations & solvent recovery system
• Liaises with ERT Co-Ordinator to ensure appropriate emergency response plans are in place for expected process safety scenarios
• Liaises with Facilities to ensure appropriate PMs are in place for process safety critical equipment / layers of protection
• Supports equipment / capital project HAZOP assessments and other process safety related risk assessments e.g. SIL / LOPA, ATEX.
• Supports site to trouble shoot related process safety issues,
• Proposes, develops and implements improvements to the Process Safety Management System (PSM) as required
• Develops & delivers process safety training programs as deemed necessary
• Responsible for generation of process safety metrics & trends & presentation at relevant forums e.g. EHS&S management Review
• Chairs the site Process Safety Steering team
• Participates in incident / accident investigations & root cause analyses (RCA)
• Completes / assists in completion of periodic Self Assessments & audits of the EHS Management System
• Supports health & safety aspects as required
• 3rd level degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related discipline.
• At least 4 years experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
• Sound knowledge of EHS legislation and standards
• Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills
• Highly proactive, mature judgement and decision making ability
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability
• Self-directed & demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Proficient in use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• A post graduate qualification in Process Safety
• HAZOP Chairperson trained
• LOPA / SIL Facilitator trained
• Green Belt certified
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Paul Wheatley on 083 094 0199 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***