Product Development Officer- Galway
PE Global are recruiting for a Product Development Officer for our tourism client based in Galway City Centre. This is an 11- month contract role with hybrid working options.
- Contribute to the implementation of the company’s strategy for the development of Ireland as a world class activity tourism destination
- Contribute to the development of the annual Operational Plans of the Division to support strategic pillars
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders involved in the outdoor activity sector, including sectoral representative bodies, public bodies, Strategic Partners and Local Authorities to ensure the delivery of strategy
- Contribute to the identification and development of new & innovative opportunities to enhance Ireland’s activity tourism offering in line with visitor insights & regional development plans
- Contribute to the design & implementation of a range of capital investment grant schemes and other funding initiatives to support the development of Outdoor Activity infrastructure
- Undertake progress reviews for all investments awarded (monthly/quarterly) and contribute to divisional management reports as appropriate
- Respond to information requests from the industry, representative bodies, government departments, local authorities and others as appropriate
- Manage budgets and raise purchase orders as required
- Contribute to the development of tender documents as and when required
Education & Experience
- A Professional Qualification (minimum Level 7 under the QQI Framework) in Business, Tourism Development, or a related discipline is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly in the area of tourism product infrastructure and/or recreational product development
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and implementing projects and using project management methodology
- An understanding of the tourism industry and related agencies & development organisations at local and national level
- Experience working with private & public sector stakeholders
- A full clean driving licence
** This role requires travel, with attendance at a number of national and regional locations / sites on an annual basis.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Aisling on 021- 4297900 or alternatively send an up-to-date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland****