Timber frame shift Manager
- Full Time
- Longford, County Longford, Ireland
The Production Manager will be required to manage and co-ordinate the activities of production personnel to achieve production output, minimising downtime and driving ongoing improvement, while optimizing the manufacturing process for increased productivity. Reporting to the Site Manager, this person will be required to ensure that production schedules are produced in a timely fashion and to ensure that all operational, administration, H & S and business controls are adhered to.
- To ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service and safety goals through effective management in the manufacturing of Timberframe homes and roof trusses.
- Implement and manage the quality systems and standards on site.
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring that all H & S requirements and procedures are adhered to, including the reporting and resolution of all incidents or accidents and the correct use of specified PPE;
- Establish strong working relationships with all departments ensuring a cohesive approach to delivery of budgeted metrics and other key performance indicators;
- Ensure that all procedures relating to any aspect of manufacturing are fully implemented and adhered to, in line with customer and regulatory expectations;
- Ensure that there are adequate resources available for the shift based on the production schedule and that appropriate control is exercised on overtime spend and other production costs;
- Ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to personnel, quality, engineering and safety;
- Ensure that all shift personnel are appropriately trained to carry out their role in an optimal way;
- Recommend / implement improvements to standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement in production and safety;
- Ensure the site uptime is maximised through preventative maintenance programme.
- Experience of timber frame manufacturing, carpentry or woodwork would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in manufacturing / modular building is an advantage
- Experience with automated machinery
- Strong ability to manage a team of people to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand architectural/engineering drawings.
- Strong analytic/problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic & self-motivated and ability to motivate the team.
- Results driven whilst participating in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 083 009 3553 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***