- Full Time
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the plant.
They will take responsibility for the planning, management and implementation of process development, improvement activities and specific project activities with due consideration for line efficiencies, costs, deadlines and quality.
Responsibilities of the role
- Management of all production operations within our required department ensuring that product is produced to the required quality standard.
- Manage and collaborate with plant operations personnel ensuring they are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the production plan can be delivered daily.
- Maintain accurate inventories of raw materials and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, downtime, production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to drive process improvements and problem solving.
- Promote a safety-first culture, quickly identify & resolve any safety hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed and ensure the requisite PPE is worn within designated areas.
- Report accidents/incidents/ observations and complete any documentation as required.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of production personnel.
- Raise purchase requisitions relevant to the manufacturing process and GRN same.
- Identify and implement Capital Improvements in conjunction with the wider management team.
Education & Experience
- Have a Food Science / Process Engineering / Mechanical Engineering degree or similar qualification.
- 2+ years relevant experience, ideally in Food or Dairy production.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong business acumen.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability.
- Good understanding of planned and preventative maintenance.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 0830093553 or alternatively send an up to date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***