Project Manager (Construction)
- London Central
PE Global is currently recruiting a Project Manager (Construction) for a 3-month rolling contract with a public sector client based in London.
- Plan, monitor, control and successfully project manage an increased range of medium value (predominantly project values from £1,000,000 up to £5,000,000) and/or medium complexity (construction stage will be delivered in a single phase; change will have a impact on council business activity; and or members may show some interest and /or have a role in shaping the project) capital projects (predominantly construction related) from inception to completion under minimal supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
- To assist Senior Project Managers in the planning, management and delivery of medium to large value and or medium to very complex capital projects (predominantly construction related).
- To assist in the development and agreement of programmes/portfolios with project sponsor(s) and/or client officers.
- Co-ordinate the collection of all relevant advice and information from the appropriate sources that will assist in risk management, decision making and project delivery.
- Effectively manage the project teams so that the agreed project objectives and success criteria are achieved.
- Co-ordinate the effective preparation and maintenance of the project plan and use to control, monitor and evaluate project progress and performance.
- Develop an effective communication plan to include all appropriate stakeholders and to co ordinate and manage its implementation.
- Provide leadership for the project team and establish and maintain effective relationships between the key stakeholders.
- Deliver effective performance reviews and provide regular feedback to the project sponsor, project team and other key stakeholders.
- Carry out effective action planning to bring variations from the project plan back on track where appropriate.
- Carry out post project review in order to measure actual against planned success criteria following practical completion.
- Establish the appropriate management and maintenance arrangements following practical and final completion, capturing and sharing the lessons learnt to enable service improvement.
- Effectively manage the collection of and provide all required project information, to inform, update and report on performance against set standards and other related Key Performance Indicators using a variety of databases and sources
- Exercise effective financial management and control of approved resources to ensure that the contractual financial obligations are met in accordance with the service performance objectives and standards.
- Degree in construction, project management or related field.
- Project management qualification such as Prince2 is desirable.
- Construction related qualification is desirable.
- Experience in planning, manageing, monitoring, and deliverying projects from inception to completion.
- Experience of procurement methods.
- IT Skills: Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Experience in larg multi-functional organisations within the public or private sector.
- Knowledge of Local Government and public sector.
- Knowledge of Building Control planning legislation, Contruction Design and Management Regulations, Part Wall Act.
- A job description with further detail available on application.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 751 790 8064 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***