Project Quantity Surveyor
- Full Time
- Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Project Quantity Surveyor
Commercial – Region · Co. Cork, Ireland
PE Global are delighted to be working with our client, a medium sized construction company, and we are currently seeking experienced and talented Quantity Surveyors to join our high performing project teams in Cork. If you would like to join a company who wins high profile projects with blue chip clients and if you enjoy working in a stimulating environment, then our client is the company for you.
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager / Senior QS
Purpose of Role
Be responsible for all Quantity Surveying duties on your projects to ensure all commercial & contractual commitments are met & value is maximized.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers (e.g. Change Order Log)
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders.
- Participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate
- Validate and approve sub-contractors’ interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with FMC subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Projects Directors
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of; loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design Team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Commercial procedures
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics and or an equivalent degree recognised by the Society of Chartered Surveyors of Ireland (SCSI) and/or by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, PWC, JCT etc.)
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR’s)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems
- Demonstrates commercial awareness – market, competition, value for money
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation & conflict management skills and process oriented with focus on results.
- Strong attention to detail
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package to include basic salary, pension and life assurance, healthcare, and a car allowance/company vehicle.