Transport, Warehousing & Automotive
Purchasing & Procurement Coordinator
- Full Time
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Purchasing & Procurement Coordinator for a leading food supplier client based in Millstreet. This is a permanent role.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- The management of purchasing so that stock is ordered in a timely fashion while adhering to min and max stock levels.
- Working closely with both the Stock controller & Warehouse Manager to proactively avoid stock shortages. Monitor and maintain current inventory levels in line with usage and sales.
- Inventory planning, including generation of the forecast and determining what to build and when in line with agreed stock levels to meet consumer demands.
- Ensure all relevant purchasing/stock control/production SOP’s are in place and strictly adhered to.
- Further responsibilities include the generation of all purchase orders, the tracking of all shipments, investigating problems and ensuring what we receive is what we ordered.
- Being the point of contact with the sales team in respect of stock issues.
- Process all above transactions / operations quickly and efficiently in accordance with company procedures and policies.
- Purchase at the best available price and negotiate prices downwards where possible
- Communicate price increases internally and agree and how the business will deal with such increases (alternative supplier, discontinue stock line, absorb price etc)
- Build relationships with existing and new suppliers. Travel to trade shows and/or supplier facilities may be required occasionally.
- Working closely with the team to set up and maintain a strong procurement function in the business. This will involve regular meetings with management, QA and R&D.
- Experience in Purchasing / Procurement / Supply Chain
- Strong IT skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Strong financial acumen
- A proven track record of delivering results against KPI’s
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communicator, and able to build strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the market situation
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Katie on +353 21 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com
**Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland**