PE Global is currently recruiting a Purchasing Specialist for a 12-month contract with a leading machinery manufacturing client based in Shrewsbury (Hybrid role).
- Reporting directly to the Supply Network Facility Manager, you will be accountable to manage all components within an NPI programme to ensure a successful Programme introduction, identifying and minimising of risk.
- Accountable for operating and monitoring the E&T Purchasing procurement functions as designed and required within the Defence environment, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality, and lean targets, enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with business partners and suppliers, and resolving facility specific supplier issues.
- Carry out supplier audits and visits to ensure that the supplier is meeting the demands of the facility and resolving all concern areas in line with the project timelines
- Provide expertise in the launching and management of purchase orders for a facility in the terms of parts related to prototypes and production, ensuring contractual flow down terms are met. Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities with the purchasing site team.
- Drive down the total cost of ownership, continually search out new sourcing opportunities to achieve cost reduction, cost avoidance and cost containment objectives.
- Communicate and interact with all disciplines within the business including sales, finance, engineering, production, quality and supply chain to ensure understanding of the strategies, goals and targets and attain a degree of consistency and effectiveness in the sourcing activity.
- Job-related experience within Purchasing in a Defence environment
- A professional qualification in Purchasing (CIPS level 4 or above) is preferred or min 5 years on the job-related experience
- Proven experience of managing low volume, complex, small spend supplier base
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge of Quality, Lean manufacturing, and an understanding of lean principles.
- To be able to read technical drawings and understand associate specifications.
- Show evidence of analytical, problem solving and project leadership skills
- Full driving license required
- Knowledge of QAD EE preferred
- Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Blackbelt experience preferred
- 3 days on-site and 2 days working from home
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on +44 2039 669 800 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***