Quality , Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
QC Analytical Chemist
- Southern England
PE Global is currently recruiting for a QC Analytical Chemist for a leading multi-national Biotech client based in Milton Keynes.
This is a contract with strong possibility of extension. My client’s QC team is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated analyst to support analytical method validation / improvements and method transfers between sites and to support activities in the areas of qualification of standards/controls used in in-process and final product testing within Analytical Chemistry lab.
- To support analytical method validation / improvements and method transfers between the client’s sites.
- Support activities in the areas of qualification of standards/controls used in in-process and final product testing within Analytical Chemistry lab.
- Analytical Chemistry method validation / improvements and test transfer between labs/sites
- Validation of standards/controls used in in-process and final product testing.
- Drive change management for introduction of new / improved methods and validation of new equipment.
- Reporting and communication of results to stakeholders.
- Liaise with several departments – technical support groups, QA, Regulatory to drive project completion and deliver on milestones.
- Be able to produce technical documents such as protocols, testing and execution plans and final reports.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and be able to prioritise.
- The candidate will be required to report all laboratory activities in a clear, organised manner, in the form of reports, following the standard operating procedures.
- Good understanding and ability to perform efficient lab investigations arising from deviations or invalid/atypical results.
- The candidate should be able to provide training to staff on analytical methods and equipment usage.
- Additionally, the candidate may be required to support laboratory investigations, perform troubleshooting exercises and participate in proof of principle studies.
- Reporting and investigation of OOS and OOT results, determine root causes and implementing effective CAPA actions.
- Perform project related literature searches.
- Interact closely with fellow scientists and global/regional colleagues within own and other departments.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary and international team and environment
- Comply with Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), GMP, ESH procedures and the client’s corporate policies and process improvements.
- Maintain all documentation and training records as per GMP requirements.
- To comply with company’s health and safety practices and procedures.
- Ensure positive, timely and effective communication with team members and internal customers.
- Degree in Applied Chemistry, Chemistry or a similar field of study
- Expertise in Analytical Chemistry techniques is essential.
- Minimum 5 years background in Pharmaceutical QA/Analytical Lead
- Raw Materials testing including pharmacopoeia
- Laboratory investigations experience
- Validation and method development experience
- Spectrophotometric Analyses (FTIR, UV/VIS), TOC
- Wet Chemistry techniques including titrations, digestions, full metal analysis
- GMP Compliance experience
- Experience in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Protocol and Report writing
- Ability to troubleshoot to resolve
- Able to communicate at all levels and across all functions
- Ability to communicate concise technical information with clarity
- Ideal candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work under pressure to deliver success within set timelines and hold a positive mindset
- Able to assist in fact finding discussions
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Full Drivers Licence
- Cross functional work experience
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply or alternatively send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***